A crooked arrow flys straight as long as it finds its own path...

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Bi-Femme= BiFucked!

Hey Chickies!!
Today is mash-up day!
So today I want to talk about a little something i call BiFemme...


See to me, I am a BiFemme. And I've come to the realization that being a BiFemme means Im pretty much fucked. And not in a good way. :p


A BiFemme is a Bisexual woman who is also a femme. Sounds interesting right? Well, it does make things a bit complicated as im married. 


See, I've read a lot about Femme invisibility in the LGBT community. It seems like a lot of Femmes feel like they are invisible b/c they lesbians aren't immediately able to identify them as gay. So for a lot of Femme women, it's hard to meet other women, let alone be recognized as gay.


Seeing as I am a Femme, and Bisexual, sometimes it seems hopeless.


I've read so many posts on Femme invisibility that it seems doubly against me that I am a BiFemme. Not only will I not be recognized as part of the LGBT community, I am Femme so I definitely won't be recognized. Sometimes it seems hopeless but I have to persevere until I figure things out...


Are there any other BiFemmes out there? And do they feel as hopeless as I do sometimes? ~ALICE



No comments:

Post a Comment