A crooked arrow flys straight as long as it finds its own path...

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

The Power of Touch

http://sexualityinart.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/marina-rosso-2010-b.jpg

Hi Chicks!

Do you crave touch?

I have come to the realization that I am someone who needs physical touch. 

A lot.

It's not that my husband withholds physical affection. At all. I'm not a super clingy person. I don't need to be touching him or glued to his side all the time.


I spend a lot of time apart from my husband. It could be worse. We both work, not much can be done about that.

We have opposite work schedules. We work at different times so we don't see each other a lot.



http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs18/f/2007/180/c/7/Opposites_by_Bmur.jpg 


I think that definitely contributes to some of our issues. We do tell each other we love each other all the time... 

I came to the realization that I am definitely more cranky and out of sorts if we don't really have much physical contact with each other. 


It does get hard when you're going to bed by yourself every night. It's not anything that can be helped or changed though.

It's not like we don't touch each other. We hug and kiss but that may not be enough...

Maybe it's because I had a bad childhood where touch was used against me.

I think now for me a touch is a reassurance, it calms me, centers me.
http://paulaspoweroftouch.com/images/power_of_touch_logo.jpg 




I think a lot of people underestimate just how powerful touch can be. 


It's how people realize that they are attracted to each other, how they comfort one another, how sex starts. 


With a touch.


A touch a lot of time says what someone may be afraid to say. A touch can show someone what you need, how you need something. There's a million and one things touch can say that communicates something. 


Maybe I just need more because it's hard for me to express myself emotionally...


~ALICE

No comments:

Post a Comment